Separate cohort for:
1.5 years (7 semesters)
- Bain nursing from an accredited program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall and 3.0 in nursing
- NYS RN license and current registration
- 3 professional references
- 1-2 page personal statement of professional goals
- College level coursework in research, statistics, health assessment (may be completed during first year grad studies at LIU)
- 2 years experience as RN preferred (but applicants with strong academic records, personal statements, letters of recommendation will be considered)
The New Seminary students are given a 15% tuition discount by LIU
Move your career forward into an advanced practice role working with families and with patients throughout the lifespan, you should consider the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program at the Harriet Rothkopf Heilbrunn School of Nursing at Long Island University Brooklyn.
FNPs are primary care providers who deliver a broad range of health services, including health assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
They prescribe medications, provide referrals for more specialized services, and work to prevent disease and deliver health education to patients and their families. FNPs work independently and in collaboration with other health professionals in a wide variety of settings.
Our program provides thorough education and clinical experience to prepare you for a professional career as an FNP. Graduates receive a Master of Science degree and qualify for New York State certification as an NP in family health. Graduates are eligible to sit for FNP certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board.